How stinkin’ cute is this saying?? For those of you with boys, you probably have the same problem as me. Little girl stuff is sooooo much cuter and you can find so much more. At least thats how I feel:) I have 2 little cuties that are only 18 months apart.
These two can fight like nothing I have ever seen. I am the baby of my family. Ten and twelve years younger than my brothers so I didn’t experience this growing up. When they aren’t aggravating each other they are truly each others best friends. It is so heart warming to see them take care of each other. They can mess with each other but no one else can!
I bought some pallets from someone not too long ago and couldn’t wait to put them to use. My brother in law owns a feed mill but a lot of the pallets they get are filthy and probably not safe so when I came across someone selling some “clean” ones I got them! I had done a necklace holder using the Miss Mustard Seed Glass Glitter and I did this a similar way.
- Fetch you some pallets. A lot of places of business get these. If you have connections just ask.
- Cut the pallets apart using a sawzall.
- Cut the pallets to the size you want. I didn’t have a specific size in mind so I just cut them all in half. As you can see, they aren’t perfect and I like it like that.
- I then cleaned all the boards with vinegar and water.
- Sand them down if they are “fuzzy” I did not take pictures along the way but if you have messed with a pallet before you know what I am talking about.
- Paint them however you like. I painted this one 2 colors. Cream and white.
- To connect the boards I cut a board from the pallet I took apart, the size of the sign. I used my nail gun to connect the boards vertically on the back.
- I bought the svg file from Miss Kate Cuttables and downloaded in my Silhouette Studio. I used the adhesive card stock and cut it with the Silhouette Cameo.
- I cut all the words out and placed them one by one on the sign. Then painted the inside a turquoise color.
- I immediately pulled off the cardstock and after it was dry I distressed with sand paper.
- For this sign I used Fiddes & Sons wax to give it an older look. I used Clear then Jacobean mixed with Clear.
- I got some eye hooks and wire and its ready to hang!
I just love it and it is SO fitting for little boys! What do you think??