GLITTER! Who doesn’t love glitter?? I am a Miss Mustard Seed retailer and when I saw Miss Mustard Seed herself announce that she was going to have glitter, I was so excited!! When it was available to for me to order, I ordered some but still didn’t have in mind what I would actually do with it.
Well it came in so I went to my favorite places for searching. Google and Pinterest that is! At the same time the glitter came in I was just getting into hand making things and making signs. I have always just painted furniture and didn’t think I could do all the cute little stuff. I had just bought some pallets to do signs out of so I had googled that up too:)
While searching for ideas to use the glitter on I came across this post on Pinterest. Well if you know me then you know I LOVE chevron! I also came across this on Pinterest to take those pallets apart.
Here’s how I did it:
1. I asked my husband for the sawzall and began by cutting all the pallets. This was my first time really using a power tool besides a drill. I have to admit I kinda liked it!
2. Next I cut the pallet board in half bc I wanted to put my own spin on the necklace holder.
3. I painted both boards in a grey.
4. Okay this is where I messed up. I cut a chevron stencil out with a Silhouette Cameo then used glue and put the glitter on.
First of all DO NOT trace it dark ! You can see in this picture that you can still see the lines.. I have to go back and erase those marks and it is not fun!
5. After I got all the glitter on there, I attached the 2 boards with 2 mending brackets. Another mess up that I will do differently! Attach the boards before applying to glitter!
6. I sprayed the board with a spray polycrylic so the glitter wouldn’t come off easily.
7. Then my awesome mother in law put the knobs on. She drilled a hole big enough for the knobs and in the back drilled it a little bigger so the bolt would stay snug behind it.
8. For the back she drilled a hole so someone could hang it on nails or screws.
Here is my spin on the awesome necklace holder I found on pinterest!